Map of Area Commission Boundaries
6:30pm to 8:30pm
1st Thursday of each month
Neighborhood Pride Center
South Side Neighborhood Pride Center
280 Reeb Avenue
Due to COVID-19 meetings are being held virtually by State mandate.
Join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 933 9142 9930
Non-COVID In-Person Meeting Location
Columbus Fire Academy
3675 Parsons Avenue
Visit our website!
- Delores Richardson, Chair
- Eileen Neale, Vice-Chair
- Deborah Smith, Treasurer
- Summer Sherman, Recording Secretary
- Rev. Bonnie Draudt
- Robert Patterson
- Michael Walker, Co-Zoning Chair, email@example.com, 614-497,9213
- Becky Walcott
- Lori Fisher
- Brandyn McElroy
- Alyse Byrd
- Rev. Dr. Zawad Yaashantawa
Become a Far South Columbus Area Commissioner
The Far South Columbus Area Commission holds elections each year for Commissioners on the second Saturday in September. Click here to learn more
The Executive Committee shall conduct business pursuant to the commission rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Committee Members are: Delores Richardson, Eileen Neale, Deborah Smith, Summer Sherman
Zoning and Development Regulation
The Zoning Committee receives, reviews, and makes recommendations on all applications for reasoning, variances, and other zoning adjustments in the area.
Developers must first submit requests to the relevant active Civic Association. If there is not an active Civic Association in the area under question, developers may submit requests directly to the Zoning Committee.
Committee Members are: Michael Walker, Co-Chair, Robert Patterson, Co-Chair
The Government and Legislation Committee shall conduct business pursuant to the commission rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Committee Members are: Rev. Bonnie Draudt, Chair
Community and Public Safety
The Public Safety Committee conducts research, analysis and recommendations on criminal justice issues. The committee is a liaison to the City Public Safety Division (Police and Fire) and the Franklin County Sherriff’s Department. They also review any city, state or federal plans that affect the area.
The Election Committee shall conduct elections pursuant to the commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
The 2020-21 Chairperson of the Election Committee is: Rev. Bonnie Draudt, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Economic Committee shall conduct business pursuant to the commission rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
The Public Outreach Committee is responsible for providing residents with updates, sharing available resources, and building a broader audience through the Commission’s website, social media platforms, and other community outreach methods.
Committee Members are: Lori Fisher, Chair
Bonnie Draudt, Becky Walcott
This commission does not have districts.
Far South News and Updates
- Pandemic Survey: Please take a moment to fill out the United Way of Central Ohio’s Pandemic Impact Survey. This survey is to determine the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on families in our communities. The information gathered from this survey will be used by UWCO to help identify what is and what is not […]
- The Greater Columbus Arts Council, in collaboration with the city of Columbus, will select one neighborhood in the city each year. Artists from the selected neighborhood are invited to propose an art project that actively engages the community in that neighborhood. All artistic disciplines are encouraged to apply. DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2021
- If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol, we are here to help. Walk in for Recovery sites can help asses your needs and quickly connect you to treatment. A mobile health clinic will also be available offering important health screenings and services. All services are free. For […]
- In an effort to combat the further spread of COVID-19, Columbus Public Health is bringing the mobile vaccination clinic to Far South Columbus residents. Residents 16 years old or older can register to be vaccinated right in their own community.
- This is a request for a zoning variance for the property located at 3500 Alum Creek Drive.
- This is a request for a zoning variance for the property located at 2918 Parsons Avenue.