Map of Area Commission Boundaries
6:30pm to 8:30pm
1st Thursday of each month
Neighborhood Pride Center
South Side Neighborhood Pride Center
280 Reeb Avenue
Due to COVID-19 meetings are being held virtually by State mandate.
Join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 933 9142 9930
Non-COVID In-Person Meeting Location
Columbus Fire Academy
3675 Parsons Avenue
Visit our website!
- Delores Richardson, Chair
- Eileen Neale, Vice-Chair
- Deborah Smith, Treasurer
- Summer Sherman, Recording Secretary
- Rev. Bonnie Draudt
- Robert Patterson
- Michael Walker, Co-Zoning Chair, email@example.com, 614-497,9213
- Becky Walcott
- Lori Fisher
- Brandyn McElroy
- Alyse Byrd
- Rev. Dr. Zawad Yaashantawa
Become a Far South Columbus Area Commissioner
The Far South Columbus Area Commission holds elections each year for Commissioners on the second Saturday in September. Click here to learn more
The Executive Committee shall conduct business pursuant to the commission rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Committee Members are: Delores Richardson, Eileen Neale, Deborah Smith, Summer Sherman
Zoning and Development Regulation
The Zoning Committee receives, reviews, and makes recommendations on all applications for reasoning, variances, and other zoning adjustments in the area.
Developers must first submit requests to the relevant active Civic Association. If there is not an active Civic Association in the area under question, developers may submit requests directly to the Zoning Committee.
Committee Members are: Michael Walker, Co-Chair, Robert Patterson, Co-Chair
The Government and Legislation Committee shall conduct business pursuant to the commission rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Committee Members are: Rev. Bonnie Draudt, Chair
Community and Public Safety
The Public Safety Committee conducts research, analysis and recommendations on criminal justice issues. The committee is a liaison to the City Public Safety Division (Police and Fire) and the Franklin County Sherriff’s Department. They also review any city, state or federal plans that affect the area.
The Election Committee shall conduct elections pursuant to the commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
The 2020-21 Chairperson of the Election Committee is: Rev. Bonnie Draudt, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Economic Committee shall conduct business pursuant to the commission rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
The Public Outreach Committee is responsible for providing residents with updates, sharing available resources, and building a broader audience through the Commission’s website, social media platforms, and other community outreach methods.
Committee Members are: Lori Fisher, Chair
Bonnie Draudt, Becky Walcott
This commission does not have districts.
Far South News and Updates
- Winter weather and Spring tornado season can bring the potential for strong and damaging storms. Now is the time to prepare your family for such emergencies. Ready.gov features many tips […]
- Columbus Recreation and Parks’ programs, camps, classes and sports offer kids much more than something to do – they help kids develop social and academic skills, provide opportunities for physical […]
- Sammons Park (formerly Sills Park) has been a big part of kids’ recreational baseball for decades. This park is one of only five parks in Columbus where our youth baseball […]
- Free Coats for Kids! Join the library and community partners for a coat giveaway on February 23rd, 3-5pm. Receive a free book and a grab & go snack too.
- Public districts in our area are back to some in person learning. Groveport Madison, Hamilton Local, and Columbus City Schools are currently operating blended learning models, where students spend half of their […]
- MORPC offers home energy efficiency (weatherization) and safety services at no cost to income-eligible residents in Franklin County. The program helps keep homeowners and renters warmer in the winter and […]