Established in 1797, Franklinton is the oldest settlement in Central Ohio. Rich in history, Franklinton has become a community of progress, innovation and exciting potential.
We are a neighborhood proudly celebrating the old and the new, side by side!
Map of Area Commission Boundaries
Due to COVID our meeting locations are subject to change. Please check the calendar above or Facebook for each meeting’s location.
Neighborhood Pride Center
West Side Neighborhood Pride Center
1186 West Broad Street
Recent Facebook Posts
Franklinton Area Commission
The Franklinton Area Commission serves as a liaison to connect neighborhood groups, property owners, residents, developers and city officials.
- Jaqueline (Jackie) Miles, Chair
- Zach Gwin, Vice-Chair
- Katie Robinson, Secretary, Representative of Fortuity
- Chris Knoppe, Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair
- Eric Skidmore, Representative of FDA
- Jason Boylan
- Rebecca Brown
- Pauline Edwards
- Josh Edwards, Representative of Mount Carmel
- Grace Hand
- Johnny Riddle, Representative of Franklinton Arts District
- Renee McCallion
- Steve Pullen, Election Committee Chair, Representative of Columbus Metropolitan Library Franklinton Branch
- Jan Ruark, Representative of Lower Lights
- Thomas Hecker, Representative of Integrated Services
- Jared Wilson
The Election Committee manages the Election rules and oversees the Election process
Committee Members are: Jan Ruark, Jackie Miles, Grace Hand and Katie Robinson
The 2022 Chairperson of the Election Committee is Steve Pullen, email@example.com
The Zoning Committee receives, reviews and make recommendations concerning applications for rezoning, zoning variances, and special permits for property located in the area. They also receive and review all demolition permits for property in the Franklinton area.
Zoning cases must be received by the zoning Chair at least 14 calendar days prior to the FAC meeting. Cases received less than 14 days ahead will be heard at the next FAC meeting.
The Zoning Committee Chair shall notify or make reasonable attempts to notify all property owners within 125 feet of the property in question prior to the FAC meeting where the case will be heard. All such owners are listed on the attachment to the zoning application.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Election Committee is Jason Boylan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing and Development Committee
- Fosters relationships between public, private, and nonprofit sectors for the betterment of housing for all Franklinton residents
- Reviews housing and development projects
- Fields housing concerns from Franklinton residents
- Leverages development to stabilize housing for all Franklinton residents
The 2022 Chairperson of the Housing Committee is Eric Skidmore, email@example.com.
The Finance Committee is responsible for the planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the FAC funding and financial management. The Committee recommends an annual budget for approval by the FAC at the January FAC meeting.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Finance Committee is Chris Knoppe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Services Committee
Committee Members are: Ashley Montana*, Marty Johnson, Pauline Edwards and Grace Hand.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Community Services Committee is Josh Edwards, email@example.com.