Map of Area Commission Boundaries
The Mideast Area Commission or MAC is the result of its predecessor the Mideast Area Community Collaborative or MACC. The MACC was established with only 8 neighborhood civics and block watches in 2004. The vision then was for neighborhoods with similar concerns, to come together to work on solutions for the common good.
Through this process our core values were and are that:
- Each neighborhood would continue to sit at the table. Equal representation for all!
- Each neighborhood will make its own decisions concerning internal matters.
- Support will be offered when requested. This could be in form of support letters, attendance at hearings and calling mass meetings to raise awareness and show strength in numbers for that particular issue or concern.
The Mideast Area Commission was sworn in by
Columbus City Council on July 29, 2019.
We thrive on our diversity. We are currently 16 neighborhoods of different income and educational levels, housing stock, racial, religious, cultural and age level differences, who come together to maintain and improve the Mideast side. We believe in the philosophy of the MAC, having the POWER OF MANY VOICES, which fights for the core values of our community collectively.
6:30pm to 8:00pm
3rd Tuesday of each month (Except August and December)
Neighborhood Pride Center
Far East Neighborhood Pride Center
2500 Park Crescent Drive
Zoning Issue Speaker Submission Form
Click Here to submit a request to speak on a Zoning Issue at the next meeting.
Follow us on social media!
View MAC Agendas and Meeting Minutes :
|Quay Barnes, |
|Victor Flower, |
|Cheryl Dotyfirstname.lastname@example.org||614-202-5226||North Eastmoor|
|Donna Jonesemail@example.com||614-493-1577||Leawood Gardens / Willis Park|
|Shirley Marshallfirstname.lastname@example.org||614-653-6351||East Hampton / Main & Barnett / |
Livingston Heights Place
|Sharon Pantelis, |
|email@example.com||614-456-9409||Pinecrest / Sherwood|
|Felicia A. Saunders, |
|Cheryl Staffordfirstname.lastname@example.org||614-231-7959||Remington Ridge|
|Herb Talabereemail@example.com||614-783-6223||Main Street Special Improvement District|
|Sharon Ware, |
The Zoning Committee shall conduct elections pursuant to the commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
The 2019-20 Chairperson of the Election Committee is: First Last, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members are:
- Sharon Pantelis Chair – email@example.com,
- Brenda Dutton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victor Flower – email@example.com
- Scott Hurlburt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Lee – email@example.com
- Lois Maier – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brenda Smith – email@example.com
- Herb Talabere – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beechwood https://www.beechwoodcivic.org/
- Berwick – https://www.facebook.com/614Berwick
- Berwyn East http://www.berwyneast.org/
- East Hampton
- Easthaven – https://www.facebook.com/TheHaven2010/
- Fairmoor https://www.facebook.com/196666324067429
- Leawood Gardens – https://www.facebook.com/LeawoodGardensNeighborhood
- Livingston Heights Place
- North Eastmoor https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Eastmoor-Civic-Association/478744905616570
- Remington Ridge
- South Eastmoor https://www.facebook.com/SemoCivic/
- Main Street Special Improvement District https://www.eastmainsid.com/
- Thunderbird Acres
- Willis Park
Recent Posts about Mid-East
Please plan to attend a MAC Zoning meeting regarding the proposed Sheetz at 2253 E. Livingston Avenue (Z20-106) on March 10, 2021 at 6:00pm.
Applicants should be prepared to share documents.
Sharon Pantelis is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: MAC Zoning Meeting
Time: Mar 10, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 755 1768 8397
Sharon PantelisZoning Chair