Map of Area Commission Boundaries
MAC IN THE NEWS
In March 2020 the City of Columbus launched a new public safety effort to not just reduce traffic fatalities but to completely eliminate them. On March 2, 2021 Mayor Ginther announced the continuation of this initiative during a press conference held at the intersection of James Road and Livingston Avenue. Mayor Ginther, Mayor Kessler (City of Bexley), city department directors, and MAC Commissioner Greg Lee (Berwick Civic Association) spoke. Please see link in comments for more information about Vision Zero.
The Mideast Area Commission or MAC is the result of its predecessor the Mideast Area Community Collaborative or MACC. The MACC was established with only 8 neighborhood civics and block watches in 2004. The vision then was for neighborhoods with similar concerns, to come together to work on solutions for the common good.
Through this process our core values were and are that:
- Each neighborhood would continue to sit at the table. Equal representation for all!
- Each neighborhood will make its own decisions concerning internal matters.
- Support will be offered when requested. This could be in form of support letters, attendance at hearings and calling mass meetings to raise awareness and show strength in numbers for that particular issue or concern.
The Mideast Area Commission was sworn in by
Columbus City Council on July 29, 2019.
We thrive on our diversity. We are currently 16 neighborhoods of different income and educational levels, housing stock, racial, religious, cultural and age level differences, who come together to maintain and improve the Mideast side. We believe in the philosophy of the MAC, having the POWER OF MANY VOICES, which fights for the core values of our community collectively.
6:30pm to 8:00pm
3rd Tuesday of each month (Except August and December)
Neighborhood Pride Center
Far East Neighborhood Pride Center
2500 Park Crescent Drive
Zoning Issue Speaker Submission Form
Click Here to submit a request to speak on a Zoning Issue at the next meeting.
Follow us on social media!
View MAC Agendas and Meeting Minutes :
|Quay Barnes, |
|Victor Flower, |
|Cheryl Dotyemail@example.com||North Eastmoor|
|Donna Jonesfirstname.lastname@example.org||Leawood Gardens / Willis Park|
|Shirley Marshallemail@example.com||East Hampton / Main & Barnett / |
Livingston Heights Place
|Sharon Pantelis, |
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Pinecrest / Sherwood|
|Felicia A. Saunders, |
|Cheryl Staffordemail@example.com||Remington Ridge|
|Herb Talaberefirstname.lastname@example.org||Main Street Special Improvement District|
|Sharon Ware, |
The Zoning Committee shall conduct elections pursuant to the commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Committee Members are:
- Sharon Pantelis Chair – email@example.com,
- Brenda Dutton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victor Flower – email@example.com
- Scott Hurlburt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Lee – email@example.com
- Lois Maier – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brenda Smith – email@example.com
- Herb Talabere – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Felicia A. Saunders – email@example.com
Traffic & Safety Committee
- Beechwood https://www.beechwoodcivic.org/
- Berwick – https://www.facebook.com/614Berwick
- Berwyn East http://www.berwyneast.org/
- East Hampton
- Easthaven – https://www.facebook.com/TheHaven2010/
- Fairmoor https://www.facebook.com/196666324067429
- Leawood Gardens – https://www.facebook.com/LeawoodGardensNeighborhood
- Livingston Heights Place
- North Eastmoor https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Eastmoor-Civic-Association/478744905616570
- Remington Ridge
- South Eastmoor https://www.facebook.com/SemoCivic/
- Main Street Special Improvement District https://www.eastmainsid.com/
- Thunderbird Acres
- Willis Park
Recent Posts about Mid-East