Map of Area Commission Boundaries
MAC IN THE NEWS
In March 2020 the City of Columbus launched a new public safety effort to not just reduce traffic fatalities but to completely eliminate them. On March 2, 2021 Mayor Ginther announced the continuation of this initiative during a press conference held at the intersection of James Road and Livingston Avenue. Mayor Ginther, Mayor Kessler (City of Bexley), city department directors, and MAC Commissioner Greg Lee (Berwick Civic Association) spoke. Please see link in comments for more information about Vision Zero.
The Mideast Area Commission or MAC is the result of its predecessor the Mideast Area Community Collaborative or MACC. The MACC was established with only 8 neighborhood civics and block watches in 2004. The vision then was for neighborhoods with similar concerns, to come together to work on solutions for the common good.
Through this process our core values were and are that:
- Each neighborhood would continue to sit at the table. Equal representation for all!
- Each neighborhood will make its own decisions concerning internal matters.
- Support will be offered when requested. This could be in form of support letters, attendance at hearings and calling mass meetings to raise awareness and show strength in numbers for that particular issue or concern.
The Mideast Area Commission was sworn in by
Columbus City Council on July 29, 2019.
We thrive on our diversity. We are currently 16 neighborhoods of different income and educational levels, housing stock, racial, religious, cultural and age level differences; who come together to maintain and improve the Mideast side (which includes the eastside, southeast, northeast, and far eastside) of Columbus, Ohio.
We believe in the philosophy of the MAC, having the POWER OF MANY VOICES, which fights for the core values of our community collectively.
6:30pm to 8:00pm
3rd Tuesday of each month (Except August and December)
Christ United Methodist Church 1480 Zettler Rd
Neighborhood Pride Center
Far East Neighborhood Pride Ctr.
2500 Park Crescent Drive
Zoning Issue Speaker Submission Form
Click Here to submit a request to speak on a Zoning Issue at the next meeting.
Follow us on social media!
View MAC Agendas and Meeting Minutes :
|Quay Barnes, |
|Victor Flower, |
|Felicia A. Saunders,|
Pinecrest / Sherwood
East Hampton / Main & Barnett /
Livingston Heights Place
|Donna Jonesfirstname.lastname@example.org||Leawood Gardens / Willis Park|
|Kelly DeMiglio, |
|email@example.com||Main Street Special Improvement District|
The Zoning Committee shall conduct elections pursuant to the commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Committee Members are:
- Sharon Pantelis Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Brenda Dutton – email@example.com
- Victor Flower – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Hurlburt – email@example.com
- Greg Lee – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lois Maier – email@example.com
- Brenda Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Herb Talabere – email@example.com
- Felicia A. Saunders – firstname.lastname@example.org
Traffic & Safety Committee
- Beechwood https://www.beechwoodcivic.org/
- Berwick – https://www.facebook.com/614Berwick
- Berwyn East http://www.berwyneast.org/
- East Hampton
- Easthaven – https://www.facebook.com/TheHaven2010/
- Fairmoor https://www.facebook.com/196666324067429
- Leawood Gardens – https://www.facebook.com/LeawoodGardensNeighborhood
- Livingston Heights Place
- North Eastmoor https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Eastmoor-Civic-Association/478744905616570
- Remington Ridge
- South Eastmoor https://www.facebook.com/SemoCivic/
- Main Street Special Improvement District https://www.eastmainsid.com/
- Thunderbird Acres
- Willis Park
Recent Posts about Mid-East
No commission meeting in August. The commission will meet on August 23rd to discuss zoning issues only.
HOUSING COMMITTEE MEETING
Concerned about rental housing in your area? The condition of housing in general? Are you concerned about possible “red lining”? Do you want to know what the City’s “Housing for All” is proposing? Then this is time to COME OUT and listen and ask questions.
Councilwoman Favor has agreed to be our guest speaker at the MAC housing meeting on THIS Thursday, August 18th 2022 @ 6pm-7pm at the Barnett Library Meeting room, 3434 Barnett Rd.
Councilwoman Favors is happy to answer any questions pertaining to Housing and council efforts, like the Housing for All education campaign and rental assistance efforts:
- Renter’s Choice: This allows for renters to make installment plans for security deposits
- Source of Income Discrimination: This allows for all lawful sources of income like child support, housing voucher, SSI disability and retirement to be considered as income in the rental process.
- Rental Receipt: This means you will receive evidence that you paid your rent.
And joining her will be a representative from the Department of Development who will be able to speak about the Bond Package and CRA and the affordable housing crisis that is nationwide. And how the city of Columbus plans to combat this by:
- Updating zoning codes
- Preserving current affordability by adding more land to the trust.
- To increase inclusivity in homeownership
- Mayor Ginther urges voters to approve $1 billion bond package; $200 million committed to housing
- Residential tax abatement, economic and racial disparities
Let’s show the City we care about our neighborhoods and all its residents. Show up, Listen and Learn!
Thank you to Susan Moore (South Eastmoor) and Shirley Marshall (East Hampton) for leading this event throughout the summer! And thank all of you who participated. Your efforts show your pride and diligence in making the MAC area a clean and safe place to be proud to live! – MAC MONTHLY CLEAN-UP DAYS 2021
THE MAC declutter day 2021
HAVE A NICE DAY and BE SAFE!