Map of Area Commission Boundaries
Commission Meeting Time
The next in-person meeting is on October 7th, 2021 @ 6:30 pm, and will continue on the 1st Thursday of each month.(excluding August and December).
Zoning Meeting Time
The next in-person meeting will be on September 21, 2021 @ 6:30 pm, and will continue on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.(excluding August and December).
Neighborhood Pride Center
Clarence Lumpkin Point of Pride Building
1410 Cleveland Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43211
Howard Recreation Center
2505 North Cassady Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43219
Attn: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, seating will be limited and masks (PPE) are mandatory for all attendees.
De Lena P. Scales
- Commission Chair, Karen Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) 614-581-2013
- Commission Vice Chair, Stanley Fleming Jr. (email@example.com)
- Alice Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Elwood Rayford (email@example.com)
- Zoning Chair, Elenora Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) 614-519-2195
- Zoning Vice Chair & Treasurer, Kevin Kenley (email@example.com)
- Brad Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kawther H. Musa (email@example.com)
- Antwan Horston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Dimaris Medina-Cortes, (email@example.com) At-large (effective 1/1/2022)
- Chanel Yakubu– firstname.lastname@example.org (effective 1/1/2022)
- Vacant At-large seat
- Vacant At-large seat
Building & Zoning
Kevin Kenley, Vice Chair
Elenora Moore, Chair
The Zoning Committee shall receive, review, and make recommendations concerning applications for rezoning, zoning variances, demolition and special permits related to properties located in the Northeast Area.
Kevin Kenley, Admin.
Elenora Moore, Asst. Admin.
Sandra Chapple, Secretary
The Media Committee shall provide continual maintenance of the Commission Website and Facebook page ensuring that they are accurate and up to date with current information and changes.
Stanley Fleming, Chair
Kawther H. Musa, Vice Chair
The Election Committee shall conduct elections annually pursuant to the Commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill it’s duties as specified in the rules.
Diversity and Language Interpretation
Kawther H. Musa
Dr. Dimaris Medina Cortes
The Diversity and language Committee will serve to create an environment of inclusiveness with the community of the Northeast area. Provide resources to groups within the community who may struggle with language barriers. Provide Interpretative services for the Somali and Hispanic community as needed.
Northeast Area Commission Districts
- Somerset – Elwood Rayford
- Walnut Creek -Chanel Yakubu (effective 1/1/2022)
- Framingham – Kwather H. Musa
- Willow Springs -Kevin Kenley
- Bridgeview -Brad Davis
- Cumberland Ridge -Karen Rogers
- Brunswick Estates -Stanley Fleming Jr.
- Arlington Park -Elenora Moore
- Arlington Park II -Antwan Horston
Recent Posts about Northeast Area
Kawther Musa (front row, 2nd from the right) is not just a member of the The New American Initiative and the NALA (New American Leadership Academy) but she is also a member of the Northeast Area Commission. She serves as our Commissioner for the Northeast Area-Framingham District. For more information follow the link: New American Leadership Academy (columbus.gov).