Map of Area Commission Boundaries
Commission Meeting Time
The next in-person meeting is on June 2, 2022 @ 6:30 pm and will continue on the 1st Thursday of each month. (Excluding August and December).
Zoning Meeting Time
The next in-person meeting will be on June 21, 2022 @ 6:30 pm and will continue on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. (Excluding August and December).
Neighborhood Pride Center
Clarence Lumpkin Point of Pride Building
1410 Cleveland Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43211
Meeting Place for Zoning and Commission meetings
Howard Recreation Center
2505 North Cassady Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43219
Update(s) for Zoning meeting Venue
The Northeast Area Commission Zoning Committee will meet at the Columbus Metropolitan Library (Shepard Branch) for the Months of June and July (see below). June 21, 2022 @ 6:30pm and July 19, 2022 @ 6:30pm.
Columbus Metropolitan Library 850 N. Nelson Road, Cols, OH 43219
De Lena P. Scales
2021 Commission Meeting (Agenda’s)
2021 Commission Meeting (Minutes)
Zoning Committee (Minutes)
Zoning Committee (Agenda’s)
- Karen Rogers, Commission Chair (email@example.com) / 614-581-2013
- Stanley Fleming Jr., Vice Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Elenora Moore, Zoning Chair (email@example.com) / 614-519-2195
- Kevin Kenley, Zoning Vice Chair & Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alice Porter, Zoning Committee member (email@example.com)
- Elwood Rayford (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brad Davis, Zoning Committee member (NEACbdavis@gmail.com)
- Kawther H. Musa, Election’s Vice Chair (email@example.com)
- Antwan Horston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Dimaris Medina-Cortes, Zoning Secretary & Zoning Committee member (email@example.com)
- Chanel McDougle-Yakubu, Commission Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sandra Chapple, At Large Commissioner & Election’s Chair (email@example.com)
- Nicole Horston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Building & Zoning
Elenora Moore, Chair
Kevin Kenley, Vice Chair, Alice Porter, Dr. DiMaris Cortes, Zoning Secretary, Critty Buenconsejo,
The Zoning Committee shall receive, review, and make recommendations concerning applications for rezoning, zoning variances, demolition and special permits related to properties located in the Northeast Area.
Kevin Kenley, Admin.
Elenora Moore, Asst. Admin.
Chanel McDougle-Yakubu, Commission Secretary
The Media Committee shall provide continual maintenance of the Commission Website and Facebook page ensuring that they are accurate and up to date with current information and changes.
Sandra Chapple, Chair,
Kawther H. Musa, Vice Chair, Stanley Fleming, Nicole Horston, Chanel McDougle-Yakubu,
The Election Committee shall conduct elections annually pursuant to the Commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
Diversity and Language Interpretation
Kawther H. Musa
Dr. Dimaris Medina Cortes
The Diversity and language Committee will serve to create an environment of inclusiveness with the community of the Northeast area. Provide resources to groups within the community who may struggle with language barriers. Provide Interpretative services for the Somali and Hispanic community as needed.
Northeast Area Commission Districts
- Somerset – Elwood Rayford
- Walnut Creek -Chanel McDougle-Yakubu
- Framingham – Kawther H. Musa
- Willow Springs -Kevin Kenley
- Bridgeview -Brad Davis
- Cumberland Ridge -Karen Rogers
- Brunswick Estates -Stanley Fleming Jr.
- Arlington Park I -Elenora Moore
- Arlington Park II -Antwan Horston
Recent Posts about Northeast Area
Kawther Musa (front row, 2nd from the right) is not just a member of the The New American Initiative and the NALA (New American Leadership Academy) but she is also a member of the Northeast Area Commission. She serves as our Commissioner for the Northeast Area-Framingham District. For more information follow the link: New American Leadership Academy (columbus.gov).
“Thank you” from the Northeast Area Commission