Map of Area Commission Boundaries
WE ARE BACK TO MEETING IN PERSON. PLEASE JOIN US @ Columbus Metropolitan Library
1113 Parsons Ave. 43206
* unless otherwise noted
6:30pm to 8pm
Fourth Tuesday of each month
2nd Saturday, 9:00 am
Neighborhood Pride Center
South Side Neighborhood Pride Center
280 Reeb Avenue Columbus, OH 43207
Follow us on social media!
Monthly Meeting Minutes
January 25 2022 meeting canceled
No meeting in August 2022
No meeting in August 2021
2022 CSSAC Election Information
The purpose of this Commission is to afford additional voluntary citizen participation in decision making in an advisory capacity to the City Administration and City Council as provided by C.C. Section 3109.01 and to facilitate communication, understanding and cooperation among citizens, neighborhood groups, city officials, city staff and other stakeholders by performing those functions and duties set forth in C.C. Section 3109.14. The Commission shall not endorse any candidate for Public office.
Mapping of Districts to Civic Association & Block Watch Links is available here
- Carly Maggio: District 1 – Schumacher Place (Committee Co-Chair: Zoning)
- Rachel Robinson: District 2 – Southern Orchards (Secretary, Committee Chair: Public Relations)
- Tom Less: District 3 – Merion Village
- Ted Welch: District 4 – Edgewood, Ganthers Place, Southside CAN
- Maudie Grace: District 5 – Deshler Park
- Jim Griffin: District 6 – Vassor Village (Chair)
- Cassaundra Patterson: District 7 – Innis Gardens (Treasurer)
- VACANT: District 8 – Hungarian Village
- Lillie Banner: District 9 – Reeb-Hosack
- VACANT: At-Large Business
- Claudia Marshall: At-Large Education (Committee Chair – Education)
- VACANT: At-Large Labor
- Aaron Hopkins: At-Large Religious & Social Services
- Kathy Green: At-Large Parsons Area Merchants Association (Vice-Chair, Committee Co-Chair -Zoning)
- Justin Soltesz: At-Large Resident (Committee Chair – Public Services)
- Yeshua Cosme: At-Large Youth
The Executive Committee serves to prepare the agenda for the Commission’s monthly meeting. The Committee may also schedule any special meetings and agendas as needed. The Committee meets monthly on the Saturday prior to the CSSAC regularly meeting.
The 2022 Chairperson of the SouthSide Area Commission: Jim Griffin
The Public Relations Committee conducts all public relations activities, including but not limited to establishing media contacts, advertising the existence of the Commission, coordinating news and press releases, newsletters, and correspondence. The Committee aids in the development of the community identity and shall promote the active cooperation and participation of all segments of the Commission Area, including residents, organizations, associations, businesses and institutions.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Public Relations Committee is: Rachel Robinson
Zoning, Building and Housing
The Zoning, Building and Housing Committee reviews copies of applications for rezoning, special permits, variances, demolitions, Zoning appeals. The Zoning Committee meets the second Saturday of each month at 10:00 AM at the site(s) of the pending zoning application, or at the direction of the Zoning Chair. For more detailed information on the Zoning, Building and Housing Committee please see CSSAC by-laws pages 10B and pages 23 and 24, Addendum B, CSSAC Zoning Policy.
Public Services and Planning
The Public Services and Planning Committee serves to review the adequacy and operation of all public services, including but not limited to utilities, safety, infrastructure, health, parks and emergency response, provided by the City and other public agencies to the Commission Area, and recommends priorities and improvements. The Committee meets monthly on the second Thursday.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Public Services Committee is: Erin Synk
The Education Committee reviews existing pertinent area plans and make recommendations for comprehensive education development of the Commission area. The Committee shall examine local legislation, school plans and issues affecting the Commission area and develop means for citizen participation in education decisions, which affect the Commission area. The Committee will also regularly receive, review, and make recommendations at the Commission meetings on all education issues pertaining to the Commission area. Please see page 13E of the CSSAC By-laws located on this website for more detailed information.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Education Committee is: Claudia Marshall
The Election Committee shall conduct elections pursuant to the commission’s election rules and shall meet as often as necessary to fulfill its duties as specified in the rules.
The 2022 Chairperson of the Election Committee is: Jim Griffin.
Recent Posts about Southside
- Beautifying Columbus. Bringing Communities Together.
- Architecture + Hip Hop ProgramLearn more about the camp and register by July 14th by clicking here.
- February 5 meeting cancelledColumbus South Side Area Commission has cancelled their Saturday, February 5, 2022 meeting due to weather. The next meeting will […]